3/19/2021 Crowley/Otero COVID-19 Update 2: Otero County’s Protect Our Neighbors (PON) Application APPROVED
Description: Otero County Moved to Protect Our Neighbors Level Green on COVID-19 Dial.
THIS IS A RAPIDLY EVOLVING AND FLUID SITUATION. INFORMATION AND ACTION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME. BE PREPARED TO BE FLEXIBLE AND PATIENT.
The situations, numbers, website links, data, and etc. described below were current as of Friday 3/19/2021 at 4:27 pm.
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS WIDELY
3/19/2021 Crowley/Otero COVID-19 Update #2: Otero County’s Protect Our Neighbors (PON) Application APPROVED
Please take the time to read and understand this entire message.
Internet links: Before I send out each update, I check the links to make sure they are active. However, links do change from time to time, so the links I sent out today may not be the same tomorrow. You may have to search around a bit.
Hello to all. And another spot of green appears on the Colorado map (please see the attachment). Congrats Otero County, we have officially been approved for Green Level/Protect Our Neighbors (PON) status! The effective date for PON status is today, Friday 3/19/2021. Once again, a huge thanks and shout out to Elle Child and CDPHE for the super-fast turnaround time! I have attached the approval letter, Below is some very important information, please read it and the approval letter carefully:
- It is no accident that we have achieved PON status. We are here because many of you are sincerely doing your very best to comply with public health orders, and many are choosing to get vaccinated. All of this effort has now paid off, because Otero County is currently at the lowest COVID-19 restrictive phase!
- The map and PON restriction information can be found here COVID-19 dial dashboard | Colorado COVID-19 Updates For the level restrictions, please click on the “Level Restrictions” tab.
- Please, please, please review PON information carefully and abide by the restrictions. Let’s not take any steps backward, but keep moving forward.
- The pandemic is not yet over, so we still must maintain a vigilant and proactive stance by abiding by PON guidance.
- This is really a great accomplishment, so a very sincere shout out and thank you for your efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19!
Some great news as we head into our weekend!
Richard Ritter, Executive Director
Otero County Health Department
13 West 3rd Street, Room 111
La Junta, Colorado 81050