NWS: High Wind Warning for Southeast Plains Jan 14th
Description: The American Flag in Swink Flies in High Wind Today... (Photo Credit: Aaron Torres)
High Wind Warning
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Pueblo CO 400 AM MST Fri Jan 14 2022
Crowley County-La Junta Vicinity/Otero County- Western Kiowa County-Eastern Kiowa County- Las Animas Vicinity/Bent County-Lamar Vicinity/Prowers County- Springfield Vicinity/Baca County- 400 AM MST Fri Jan 14 2022
...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 9 PM MST THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...North winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph expected.
* WHERE...Crowley County, La Junta Vicinity/Otero County, Western Kiowa County, Eastern Kiowa County, Las Animas Vicinity/Bent County, Lamar Vicinity/Prowers County and Springfield Vicinity/Baca County Counties.
* WHEN...From 11 AM this morning to 9 PM MST this evening.
* IMPACTS...Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines. Widespread power outages are possible. Travel will be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Strong crosswinds on east-west roadways will occur this afternoon and evening.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if you must drive.
Follow SECO Weather on Facebook.