RFFD + Manzy Fire Dept VS Chimney Fire 11/24/21
Description: The Rocky Ford Fire Department notified the public via social media Wednesday afternoon regarding a chimney fire at a residence in Otero County. (Courtesy Photos)
RFFD and Manzanola Respond to Chimney Fire 11/24/21
Today at approximately 11:15 am we were paged out to a possible structure fire with flames showing at 32420 CR 13.5.
Manzanola Rural Fire Protection District also responded with 2 engines, a brush truck, and a Tender. Upon arrival Manzanola was on scene reporting fire coming from chimney.
We quickly extinguished the fire and homeowner recieved no damage to the residence from the fire with just minor smoke damage inside the home. Fire cause due to chimney having too much creosote buildup getting ignited and starting on fire.
Homeowner was advised of regular chimney maintenance and all units cleared scene at 11:55 am.
Thank you to the Manzanola RFPD for a quick response and quick attack on the fire.